Sunday, August 17 - Clapp Park, Pittsfield, MA
In addition to hosting a fun, competitive tournament, we are asking all participants to bring one non-perishable food item to donate to the St. Joseph Food Pantry.
Tournament, Divisions & Player Information
- There will be 4 divisions of play, based on the players’ grade in the fall.
- Boys 9th-10th grade
- Boys 11th-12th grade
- Girls 9th-10th grade
- Girls 11th-12th grade
- Cost is $100 per team.
- Boys divisions will play in the morning, girls divisions will play in the afternoon. Each team is guaranteed 3 games. Playoffs will be held in each division (pending the number of entrants), with the winning team receiving BC3 Cup t-shirts.
- A team’s division placement will be based on the grade of its oldest player.
- Each player must bring a birth certificate or driver’s license as age verification.
- There can be four players on a team, with three players on the field at once. No goalies are used. A player may only play on one team per division.
- Fill out a Team Registration form (link provided below).
- Have each participant fill out a Medical Release form (link provided below).
- Mail these forms, along with a check for $100, payable to St. Joseph High School Booster Club, to the address provided in the forms below.
Click here for Team Registration form.
Click here for Medical Release form.
Field & Game Rules
- The field is 35 yards long by 25 yards wide, and the goal box is 8 feet wide by 6 feet deep.
- The goal box is a “dead zone”, and players are not allowed to enter it or touch the ball in it.
- There is a midline in the field, and a goal can only be scored from within the offensive half of the field.
- The game consists of two 12 minute halves of running time, with a 2 minute half-time period. There is a 10-goal mercy rule once the second half has started. No timeouts are allowed.
- Player substitutions can be done on any play stoppage.
- If a referee awards a penalty kick, it will be taken from the middle of the half-field line with no players in the way.
- There are no throw-ins. When a ball leaves the field on a sideline, it is kicked in from the sideline, and all kick-ins are considered “indirect”, meaning it cannot go directly into the goal unless someone touches it first.
- There are no offsides and no slide tackling is allowed.
- Shinguards and soccer spikes are strongly recommended.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Tournament Director will have discretion to delay play, reduce game times, or cancel games.
- All players must wear matching shirts during play. In the even of conflicting uniforms, one team will be assigned pinnies to wear.
- Each division will be limited to a maximum of 16 teams.
Games will be scheduled every 30 minutes. The entire boys’ tournament will be played in the morning, and the entire girls’ tournament will be played in the afternoon. Schedules will be posted online at www.bc3cup.org the week before the event.
if you have any questions regarding the tournament.